Assistive Listening Software
AUD-1 is a mobile app designed to intelligently modulate the loudness of the sonic environment for the hearing-impaired user. Enhancements in both comfort and clarity are achieved using research-driven signal processing. AUD-1 pushes the boundaries of assistive listening software, giving the user fine-grained, yet intuitive control over the sound shaping options.
|The app processes sound received by the microphone in real-time, then delivers the processed sound via headphones. Advanced connectivity options allow the user to customize the solution to their needs by optionally combining various audio hardware. The BioAid research algorithm forms the core of AUD-1’s processing strategy. AUD-1 is the evolution of mobile-platform assistive listening software, providing numerous advanced features that were requested for inclusion by users of the original BioAid app. No other assistive listening software currently provides either the depth of user control, or the sophistication of the sonic processing.|
- Dual BioAid algorithm technology, allowing settings for each ear to be adjusted independently.
- Advanced connectivity options, allowing use of high quality audio peripherals to improve sound quality.
- Stereo linkage technology to preserve spatial cues when the app is used with stereo input hardware.
- Fine grain control over the dynamic range of the processed sound.
- High optimization for extremely low processing delay.
- Automatic storage of preferred settings, even if the device runs out of power.
- Adjustable input and output gain controls to fully utilize the dynamic range of the device.
- Detection of accidental removal of headphones, preventing annoying feedback in public places.